Adam L. Kochenderfer
Adam has a diverse commercial litigation practice addressing local, national, and international disputes at every level of complexity.
Expertise includes a strong concentration in business and supply-chain negotiation, management, and litigation.
Representative clients include original equipment manufacturers, suppliers, technology companies, property developers, construction contractors and subcontractors, tenants, landlords, secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, bankruptcy trustees, guarantors and distressed companies.
Broad experience representing original equipment manufacturers, tier-one suppliers, and sub-tier suppliers in a wide range of matters, including:
- Supply disruptions
- Contract negotiations for components produced domestically and abroad
- Pricing and volume disputes
- Efforts to re-source production to alternative suppliers
- Lien claims under Michigan's Special Tools Lien Act and Molder's Lien Act
- Federal WARN Act litigation
- Product liability claims
- Dealership franchise disputes
Experience also includes a wide spectrum of land use matters, including rezoning parcels, obtaining variances, amending plats, and addressing building code violations.
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
Honors: Cum Laude
Michigan Law Review: Associate Editor, Contributing Editor
UM Student Funded Fellowships, Treasurer
Oakland University, Political Science and English, B.A.
Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Recipient of Alfred G. Wilson Award
Student Body President
Student Liaison to Board of Trustees
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
More About Adam
- DBusiness Top Lawyers (2017-2018)
- Oakland County Executive's Elite 40 Under 40 Award (2014)
- Michigan Super Lawyers (2013 - 2017)
- Michigan Rising Stars (2008 - 2012)
- Outstanding Young Alumni of the Year Award, Oakland University (2011)
- Pro Bono Spirit Award, Legal Aid and Defender Association
- "Banking on Liability: Claims Against Ponzi Scheme Professionals," American Bar Association Commercial & Business Litigation Newsletter, Fall 2013, Vol. 15, No. 1
- Oakland County Commissioner (2015 - present)
- "Business Reality Network" Radio Program – Guest Attorney
- Legislative Committee, Oakland County Bar Association (2015 - 2016)
- Board of Directors, Oakland University Alumni Association (2005 - 2016)
- Debtor/Creditor Committee, Oakland County Bar Association (2015 - present)
- City Councilman, Rochester Hills, MI (2011 - 2015)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Delegate, Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) (2011 - 2015)
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
Johnson, Rosati, LaBarge, Aseltyne & Field, PC
Law Clerk (2003)