Anthony’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, business disputes, automotive supply chain issues, loan negotiations and workouts, and transactional matters.
Anthony has represented a diverse group of clients in state, federal, and out-of-court matters, including original equipment manufacturers, sub-tier suppliers, closely-held businesses, shareholders, receivers, bank and financial institutions, private equity companies, guarantors, financially-distressed companies, creditors and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and adversary proceedings, unsecured creditors' committees, bankruptcy trustees, franchisors, and asset purchasers.
Judicial intern to the Hon. Robert H. Cleland, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2007.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan - Dearborn, B.A.
- Honors: Distinguished Scholar with High Distinction
- Honor's Scholar Award-Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court Of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2010 - 2021)
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2022
- Recipient of TMA Detroit nextGen Top of the Class Award, 2016
- Recipient of Up & Coming Lawyer Award, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2016
“Give Me Back My Stuff! Mere Retention of Property Does not Violate the Bankruptcy Code,” State Bar of Michigan Litigation Newsletter, Summer 2021.
"Testing the Waters of the Safe Harbor," American Bar Association – Business Law Today, January 2017
"Golden Guernsey: A WARNing to Directors and Officers," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, April 2016
"Unflopping the Debtor: Finding Fairness in Financing," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, November 2013
- "Defending Against Preferential Transfers Post-BAPCPA: Understanding The 'Ordinary Business Terms' Defense," The Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume 30, Issue 1 (Spring 2010)
Section 523 Nondischargeability Litigation: Plaintiff and Defense Strategies, Strafford Publications, Inc., 2020
Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019, American Bankruptcy Institute’s Central States Virtual Conference, 2020
Shapero Cup Regional Moot Court Competition and Symposium, presenter, American Bankruptcy Institute and The Walter Shapero Symposium Committee, 2019
Defending § 523 Adversary Proceedings, Hon. Steven W. Rhodes Consumer Bankruptcy Conference, 2018
Limited Liability Companies & Fiduciary Duties: For Better or For Worse in Sickness & in Health, Western District of Michigan’s 30th Annual Bankruptcy Seminar, 2018
Chapter 7 Issues and Hot Topics, American Bankruptcy Institute’s Central States Conference, June 2017
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Treasurer, State Bar of Michigan-Litigation Section (2021 - Present)
- Governing Council, State Bar of Michigan-Litigation Section (2016 – 2021)
- State Bar of Michigan, Representative Assembly (2015 – 2018)
- Pro Bono Attorney Volunteer, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2012 – present)
- Access to Bankruptcy Court Ex-Officio Board Member