Anthony J. Kochis
Anthony’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, business disputes, automotive supply chain issues, loan negotiations and workouts, and transactional matters.
Anthony has represented a diverse group of clients in state, federal, and out-of-court matters, including original equipment manufacturers, sub-tier suppliers, closely-held businesses, shareholders, receivers, bank and financial institutions, private equity companies, guarantors, financially-distressed companies, creditors and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and adversary proceedings, unsecured creditors' committees, bankruptcy trustees, franchisors, and asset purchasers.
Judicial intern to the Hon. Robert H. Cleland, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, 2007.
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif
University of Michigan - Dearborn, B.A.
Honors: Distinguished Scholar with High Distinction
Honor's Scholar Award-Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court Of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
More About Anthony
- Selected for inclusion in Michigan Rising Stars (2010 - 2019)
- Recipient of TMA Detroit nextGen Top of the Class Award, 2016
- Recipient of Up & Coming Lawyer Award, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2016
- "Testing the Waters of the Safe Harbor," American Bar Association – Business Law Today, January 2017
- "Golden Guernsey: A WARNing to Directors and Officers," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, April 2016
- "Unflopping the Debtor: Finding Fairness in Financing," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, November 2013
- "Defending Against Preferential Transfers Post-BAPCPA: Understanding The 'Ordinary Business Terms' Defense," The Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume 30, Issue 1 (Spring 2010)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Governing Council, State Bar of Michigan-Litigation Section (2016 – present)
- State Bar of Michigan, Representative Assembly (2015 – present)
- Wayne State University Law School Alumni Association, Board of Directors (2015 – present)
- Pro Bono Attorney Volunteer, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (2012 – present)