Michelle H. Bass
Michelle focuses her practice on consumer bankruptcy restructuring and reorganization.
Michelle represents both debtors and creditors in consumer bankruptcy proceedings.
She primarily represents debtors in Chapter 7 liquidation and Chapter 13 reorganization, which span from high net-worth and high income-earning individuals, to individuals seeking to prevent foreclosure or repossession of secured collateral. She also represents both debtors and creditors in divorce-related bankruptcy proceedings, and is a frequent speaker on the intersection of bankruptcy and family law disputes.
She has represented individuals reorganizing under Chapter 11, as well as small businesses going through Chapter 7 liquidation. She has been extremely successful in practice stopping foreclosures, stripping secured liens, and cramming down loans on collateral for individuals seeking to reorganize under Chapters 13 and 11.
She has successfully defended appeals in the Federal Eastern District for the State of Michigan and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
Undergraduate Thesis completed in Contemporary American History
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court Of Appeals 6th Circuit
More About Michelle
- Recipient of Book Award in the upper-level Entertainment Law Seminar
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014 – 2017
- Intersection of Family Law & Bankruptcy, ICLE, 2016
- Intersection of Family Law & Bankruptcy, Cooley Law School, 2011 - Present
- Western District of Michigan Debtors Bar Seminar, 2017
- Tamarack Camps, Board Secretary, 2014 - 2017
- Tamarack Camps, Board Member, 2010 - 2017
- JARC, Board Member, 2012 - Present
- Kadima, Board Member, 2011 - 2014
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (MI-IWIRC) Michigan Network Co-Chair, 2018
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Gold, Lange & Majoros, P.C.,
Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C.,
Law Clerk, 2007
Honorable Chief Judge Bernard A. Friedman for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan,
Judicial Intern, 2006