Metro Detroit, MI Corporate Bankruptcy Lawyers
Dynamic Solutions for Business Bankruptcy & Restructuring in Michigan
Our area of expertise is bankruptcy and business restructuring. Our bankruptcy lawyers in Michigan are adept in distressed scenarios, and we are putting our debt negotiation and lender negotiation skills to work for businesses in SE Michigan.
There are debt reduction options we can guide you through. Our bankruptcy attorneys are going to help you forge ahead with your business by understanding the SBRA updates, business restructuring options, and bankruptcy options.
Our ability to help during this time is essential to your business's future. Together we will get through this, and we are here for you. Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How Our Business Bankruptcy Lawyers Can Help
Our experienced Michigan bankruptcy attorneys in Troy have also successfully represented companies affected by the fallout of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We offer a multi-layered approach to maximizing your economic outcome:
- Reorganization insolvency
- Filing bankruptcy petitions
- Negotiating forbearance agreements
- Accommodation and access agreements
- Unsecured creditor representation
- Out-of-court workouts
Is your business facing bankruptcy in Detroit? Our commercial bankruptcy attorney in Michigan is ready to help you restructure your business. Call Wolfson Bolton Kochis today at (248) 609-1855 or contact us online to get started!
Business Restructuring and Bankruptcy Programs in Michigan
Wolfson Bolton Kochis is here to help you and your business through these uncertain times. As the experienced legal team so many Detroit areas businesses trust, we rolled up our sleeves months ago to work on pandemic restructuring plans. We understand the financial repercussions of the pandemic and know that business restructuring is going to be necessary for many small and large businesses. The consequences of a worldwide coronavirus pandemic are here, now. And we are prepared.
CARES Act - Coronavirus Aid in Michigan
On March 27th, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) amended the Small Business Reorganization Act, to provide small businesses with increased access to bankruptcy. These provisions can provide small businesses with a more efficient and less expensive means of addressing the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who is Eligible for the Cares Act?
The eligibility threshold has been changed from $2,725,625 of debt to $7,500,000 for one year only. Small businesses won't be eligible after one year.
Who Do We Represent?
As one of Michigan's leading law firms, we have represented a wide range of parties in complex bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, including out-of-court workouts, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and receiverships.
- Secured Creditors
- Unsecured Creditors
- Equity Holders
- Asset Purchasers
- Creditor's Committees
Finding Creative Solutions to Maximize Value
Our Detroit-based practice combines a deep knowledge of corporate restructuring and the Bankruptcy Code with the advocacy skills of our seasoned litigators. You will benefit from our years of experience in courts across the country. We have worked with businesses in multiple industries and have achieved favorable outcomes. Our cases include negotiating forbearance agreements, accommodation, and access agreements, and filing bankruptcy petitions under:
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 7
Debtor Legal Representation in Troy, MI
We can assist your company no matter how large or small. We strive to find creative solutions that maximize value for all constituents while maintaining a holistic approach to debtor-side cases by focusing on how a company will exit a bankruptcy case before we file one. We have successfully represented debtor companies in the sale transaction and restructuring of Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
We Help Small Businesses
There is even more opportunity for Wolfson Bolton Kochis to assist smaller companies with the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019, which allows small businesses to reorganize in Chapter 11 in a less costly and more expedient manner as compared to typical Chapter 11 cases.
Is your business facing bankruptcy in Metro Detroit? Our business bankruptccy in Michigan is ready to help you restructure and reorganize your business. Call Wolfson Bolton Kochis today at (248) 609-1855 or contact us online to get started!
Michigan Creditors' Rights
Our professionals represent secured and unsecured creditors in and out of court. Our services include:
- Loan workouts
- Forbearance agreements
- All aspects of U.C.C. Article 9
- Representation in bankruptcy court and judicial enforcement
We are well-versed in commercial debt collection practices and are creative in finding ways for our clients to recover.
Our proficiencies include Claim and delivery/replevin actions, corporate veil piercing, receiverships, fraudulent transfers, preferential transfers, reclamation, creditor examinations, garnishments, and foreclosures. We also have experience successfully petitioning uncooperative debtors into bankruptcy by filing an involuntary bankruptcy petition against them.
Unsecured Creditors’ Committees Our Attorneys Have Represented :
VPH Pharmacy, Inc.
- Lead Counsel in the bankruptcy of a closed-door pharmacy that provided medications and consulting services to approximately 60 different assisted living centers, foster care facilities, retirement communities, and long-term care facilities.
Frank W. Kerr Company
- Successfully prosecuted involuntary bankruptcy petition against pharmaceutical wholesaler with sales in excess of $300 million annually pre-bankruptcy; served as Michigan Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in converted Chapter 11 case.
Lee Steel Corporation
- Lead Counsel in bankruptcy of steel producer with pre-bankruptcy sales in excess of $115 million.
Richfield Equities, L.L.C.
- Lead Counsel in bankruptcy of a vertically-integrated solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling company with operations in Michigan.
Trans-Industries, Inc. and Affiliates
- Lead Counsel – Debtors were among the first and largest public companies to file for bankruptcy after the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.
Hog Brothers Recycling, LLC
- Lead Counsel in bankruptcy of metals recycler with annual sales of $200 million shortly before bankruptcy.
Steel Parts Corporation
- Lead Counsel - obtained $600,000 payment from Debtor's pre-petition lender on threatened fraudulent conveyance action without filing a complaint.
Waste Reduction by Waste Reduction
- Lead Counsel in bankruptcy of hazardous and radioactive waste disposal company – obtained dividend to unsecured creditors through strategic involvement in sale process.
DriveSol Worldwide, Inc. and DriveSol Global Steering, Inc.
- Lead Counsel for Informal Committee in out-of-court liquidation of global automotive manufacturer. Obtained significant dividend to unsecured creditors through discovery of lender's failure to record mortgages on several parcels of real estate in three states.
Empire Coach Enterprises
- Lead Counsel in bankruptcy of limousine manufacturer.
Billy Bob's Gameroom Furnishings
- Lead Michigan Counsel
- Negotiated dividends to unsecured creditors two times that required by Debtor's plan.
Contact Wolfson Bolton Kochis PLLC today to schedule a consultation with our Michigan bankruptcy attorneys for businesses. Call (248) 609-1855!
What Makes Wolfson Bolton Kochis the Right Choice?Our clients benefit from a wide range of professional experience and our track record of success:
We expect each team member to strengthen our Core Focus
We responsibly manage our business for long-term growth
We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards
We manage our clients' costs by pairing appropriate resources with tasks
We do what we say we are going to do when we say we are going to do it
We understand that we stake our reputation on every service we provide
We treat our clients and each other with respect.
Troy, MI 48083