Kenton has a diverse and deep practice that includes mergers and acquisitions, finance transactions, emerging company counsel, commercial transactions, and general counsel advisory services.
Kenton has numerous years of experience as the general counsel and corporate secretary of a publicly traded Tier 1 international automotive supplier and uses that experience to provide general counsel, corporate and governance advisory advice to his corporate clients.
In the mergers and acquisitions area, Kenton represents private company, private equity, and venture capital clients in acquisitions of, and investments in, portfolio companies as well as portfolio company add-ons, sale, and commercial transactions. He also represents private equity borrowers in acquisition-based senior and mezzanine lending transactions, corporate borrowers in asset-based financings, and investors in venture capital debt financings.
In addition to this transactional work, Kenton represents private company and emerging growth clients in connection with company formation, development, growth and investment, commercial transaction structuring, negotiation and guidance, and various other corporate, commercial, and operational matters.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- Wayne Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan
- Masters of Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Tau Beta Pi and Pi Tau Sigma
- Hercules Electric Mobility, Inc.
- A.J. Danboise Son Inc. and Danboise Mechanical, Inc.
- Interim Chief Operations Officer (May 2020 – June 2022)
- KB Advisory Services, LLC
- Owner (Nov 2019 – June 2022)
- Shiloh Industries
- Vice President, Legal and Government Affairs, and Corporate Secretary (June 2015 - Oct 2019)
- Guardian Industries
- Corporate Counsel (Jan 2013 - May 2015)
- Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Associate and Partner (Sep 2008 - Jan 2013)
- Harness, Dickey & Pierce
- Turner Construction
- Project Engineer (2003 – 2005)